My mission is to support nonprofits and NGOs to increase their revenues and engage their key audiences. I enjoy working with young organizations to build strong fundraising and communications systems.
I get to know your organization – who you serve, the special qualities you bring to your work, the audiences you need to reach, and the most effective message to convey. Then I help you get that message out by developing effective communications strategy and compelling content. My work has raised over $2.6 million in direct mail individual gifts, and has won two Wilmer Shields Rich Awards for Excellence in Communications from the Council on Foundations.
I have written dozens of successful grant proposals, which have raised over $5.6 million. The funders include large private foundations like the California Wellness Foundation, public funders such as the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the European Union, as well as grantmakers like the Nobel Women’s Initiative and the Global Fund for Women.
Having served as an Executive Director, Director of Development, Communications Director, and Consultant, I understand the demands nonprofit leaders face. I have also co-founded a successful business. I bring particular knowledge in the areas of international development, women’s rights, and health care.
Services I offer include:
- Coaching: personalized support for small development shops, including where the ED wears the fundraising hat (I’ve been there.)
- Fundraising Capacity Development: Identifying your key messages, assets and opportunities
- Strategy: Developing a comprehensive plan fundraising and communications
- Editorial: Project management and developmental editing for issue reports and other substantive publications
- Grant seeking: Conducting grant research, preparing case statements, and proposal writing
- Content Development: Preparing web content, newsletters, direct mail letters, social media campaigns, and other important communications
For each project, I bring together and manage a cost-effective team of skilled professionals, including graphic designers, website programmers, and researchers. I work with clients around the country and the world.
Contact me for an initial, no obligation consultation to discuss your organization’s needs and goals.