I help nonprofits increase revenue and engage the public by developing effective communications strategy and compelling content. I enjoy working with young organizations to build strong fundraising and communications systems.
I focus on your organization – who you are, the special qualities you bring to your work, the audiences you need to reach, and the most effective message to convey. Then I help you get that message out.
In the nonprofit world, I have served as an Executive Director, Director of Development, and Consultant. I have also co-founded a successful business. I have raised over $5.6 million in grants and over $2.6 million in direct mail individual gifts. My work has won two Wilmer Shields Rich Awards for Excellence in Communications from the Council on Foundations.
I have particular knowledge in the areas of international development, women’s rights, philanthropy and volunteerism, and health care.
Services I offer include:
- Coaching for small development operations, including where the ED wears the fundraising hat (I’ve been there.)
- Identifying and developing your key fundraising or marketing messages, assets and opportunities
- Developing a comprehensive fundraising or communications plan
- Conducting grant research, preparing a case statement or model proposal, and grant proposal writing
- Writing, editing, and producing reports, web content, newsletters, direct mail letters, social media campaigns, and other important communications
For each project, I bring together and manage a cost-effective team of skilled professionals, including graphic designers, web programmers, and researchers.
I work with nonprofit and small business clients locally in the San Francisco Bay Area, and virtually around the country and the world.
Contact me for an initial, no obligation consultation to discuss your organization’s needs and goals.